Every startup has a huge dream, but suffers from a stringent budget! You may have seen the entrepreneurs coming on Shark Tank and talking about how much they have invested in their dream. Balancing dreams and reality is a skill every entrepreneur has to contend with. It may give you goosebumps when you realize that the type of money you are planning to gather is hardly possible.
And the only way to start generating revenue is to launch a successful online business, e.g. an eCommerce store. You can spend a small amount of money to gradually expand your business online and that’s how you grow.
Are you hesitant to start just because you are clueless about how to set up your eCommerce website within a budget? Or do you think you have to spend a lot to set up an eCommerce business?
Well, to be honest, you don’t spend huge! You don’t even need to know how to code or you don’t even need someone to build your store! Yes, it is as true as the air we feel around us. All you need is WordPress!
Confused? Let’s help you understand using WordPress for eCommerce in this blog post.
WordPress as an eCommerce Platform…
WordPress has been the go-to solution for the majority of website owners. It is the easiest platform to set up and run an online business. Its open-source nature and free-to-use features have made it the first choice for small retailers. With WordPress, you can easily launch almost any type of website, including eCommerce, without any help from a WordPress development company.
Setting up your online store using WordPress will cost you almost nothing! You just need to spend the monthly web hosting fees. You will get the rest of the things like WordPress eCommerce themes and plugins without spending a penny. However, if you want to do something special, you may go for a premium WordPress theme. Or else you are good to go!
When to go for WordPress eCommerce?
If you already have a WordPress website or a blog, you can easily take it to the next level and convert it into a fully-functional eCommerce store. All you need is an appropriate WordPress eCommerce theme and plugins. You can easily utilize WordPress as the robust eCommerce platform for you if:
- You are running a huge website and wish to add an online store within it without any help from custom WordPress development services. You want to make your small range of products available online for sale without compromising security.
- Your online store requirements are vague and you just need to give it a try.
- You want to start small and grow gradually.
- You don’t want to spend time, effort, and money behind the store.
- You are having tight pockets to set up an online store.
What are the features of WordPress as an eCommerce platform?
The days are gone when people were hesitant to use WordPress to set up their online store. Over the years, the CMS has improved a lot with the help of managed hosting and open-source eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce and WP eCommerce. You can leverage the eCommerce features mentioned below with the help of custom WordPress development services:
- Social media integration
- Sales and inventory management
- Multi-currency support
- Boost affiliate marketing
- Add multiple images and zoom features
- Add review and ratings
- Custom recommendations
- Integrate multiple payment gateways
- Integrate credit/debit card and net banking features
Why go for WordPress as an eCommerce platform?
- Ease of using and managing the online store. One of the major benefits of using WordPress for your online store is its user-friendliness and ease of usage. It doesn’t require you to have exceptional coding skills or knowledge of custom WordPress development services.
With a few hours of training, you can start adding products and manage orders right from your WordPress site. Moreover, you can easily monitor your sales, alter products, and manage inventory on the go.
- Variety of eCommerce themes. WordPress is known for its wide range of free and premium WordPress themes. Not just that but the best thing is you can easily tweak them the way you want based on your requirement. It is quite easy to configure them and integrate with various eCommerce plugins like WooCommerce and WP eCommerce.
- A plethora of eCommerce plugins. One of the greatest things about WordPress is that it helps you transform your conventional website into a fully-functional eCommerce store using plugins.
Even if you don’t have any technical background, you can easily add essential eCommerce features to manage orders, products, payment gateways, shipping management, and a lot more. You will not need a WordPress development company to add any eCommerce features to your online store.
- Supports multiple payment gateways. You can easily integrate not just one or two, but multiple payment gateways to your WordPress eCommerce site. Be it Paypal, CCAvenue, 2Checkout, Google Pay, or any other payment gateway, you can integrate it on the go. This will help you increase your overall online sales and brings a lot of flexibility to your online store.
- Improved product customization options. To become successful in the field of eCommerce, you should keep adding new products. You cannot run your online store with old products, you must replace them with new ones. WordPress helps you add new products or customize the existing ones without any hassle. All you have to do is to follow a few simple instructions and you are done!
Apart from this, you can also leverage the continuously growing community of WordPress developers. In case you are stuck somewhere, you can easily find a helping hand. You don’t need to approach WordPress development companies all the time. The community of WordPress comprises the best WordPress developers who can help you resolve problems on the go.
Now that you have gone through how WordPress can help you transform your website into a fully-functional online store, it is time for you to take action! If you are still not convinced, why don’t you get in touch with our custom WordPress development services experts?