Kurmasana Yoga is also known as Turtle Pose. Because this pose looks like a tortoise. To do this yoga, one has to spread his arms and legs like a tortoise. This is a very good exercise, which keeps your body fit. Kurmasana yoga can be very beneficial for you. By doing this asana, there is a stretch in the waist and back, which improves blood circulation in the spine. By doing Kurmasana yoga, one can get relief from the problem of gas and constipation in the stomach. Let us know how to do Kurmasana the right way and its benefits –
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Goa.
What is the right way to do Kurmasana:
- For Kurmasana yoga, first of all, lay a yoga mat.
- Now sit straight with both your feet in front of you. To do this asana, you can also sit in the posture of Dandasana.
- For this, spread both your legs as much as you can.
- After this, bend both the legs slightly from the knees. During this, the heels of your feet should be on the floor.
- Now while exhaling out, bend forward slightly.
- Now put both the hands inside from the knee of the feet.
- After this, tilt your body completely down and keep your mouth on the floor.
- Now pull your hands forward as far as you can.
- Now keep both legs as straight as possible.
- Kurmasana yoga gives you relaxation. After staying in this posture for about 5 minutes, come back to your position.
Benefits of Kurmasana Yoga:
1. Back Pain
Kurmasana is very beneficial in removing the problem of back pain. By doing this asana, there is a strain in the back muscles. Stretching makes your back flexible, which removes the problem of back pain. Along with this, it also provides relief from pain in the spine.
2. Stomach Pain
Kurmasana pose strengthens your abdominal muscles, which can remove all the troubles in the stomach. The digestive system is strengthened by doing this asana. By doing Kurmasana yoga regularly, one gets relief from problems like gas in the stomach, complaints of constipation, and indigestion. Diabetes and stomach problems can be relieved by this asana. It is effective in improving the digestive system.
3. Take the stress away
Stress is reduced by doing Kurmasana regularly, this yoga is very beneficial for students. It is effective in reducing stress in studies. It improves the ability of memory by improving the blood circulation of the brain. Which is helpful in reducing the increasing stress.