Although obtaining ISO certification will require some time, money, and effort, it will enable your company to benefit both from better controls and processes, and provide you with more credibility among customers.
How Much Does This Cost?
The cost of registering a formal managerial system and its development will vary depending on how complex your organization is and what your internal processes are.
1- Development costs include time spent documenting the system and its implementation.
2- There is a cost associated with training employees to create the required documents and to plan and carry out effective internal audits.
3-The cost of registration includes an audit and registration. The cost will vary depending on the number, scope, and number of shifts.
You can save some money by hiring an external consultant.
How to Get Certified?
Before you can become certified you first need to document and create your production processes. You will also need to follow the correct procedures in order to maintain your quality standards.
These are the four steps required to become an ISO-certified organization.
1. Design Your Management System
- Identify your core or business processes.
- Documentation with employees.
- You can review, approve, and then distribute the documents.
2. Implement Your System
- Ensure that procedures are carried out according to the instructions in your documentation.
- You must ensure that employees are properly trained for their tasks.
- You should create effective reporting systems that cover inspection, testing correctional actions, preventive actions, and management review meetings.
- When possible, measure the effectiveness of your processes to determine their efficiency.
- Reexamine the situation and take corrective action.
3. Verify That Your System Functions Properly
- Conduct an audit, and then review the system and processes to ensure compliance and effectiveness. Interview people and observe.
- Identify and communicate the strengths and weaknesses in the management system.
- You can take preventive or corrective measures as needed.
4. Register Now
- To register externally, you will need to choose the correct auditing body.
- For compliance with the applicable standard, submit your management system documentation.
- A third-party auditor can review your system to verify that all requirements have been met and that the management system has been implemented efficiently.
- These benefits are the main reasons to be ISO certified. However, there will be many more benefits after you become certified.
Follow a Process Approach
Each business has a process that is either formal or informal in their day-to-to-day operation. These are the tasks performed to deliver products/services to the highest standard possible for their end users – the customers. These processes must be documented in accordance with the ISO standard. This is to ensure that they can be replicated and are predictable.
Customers Are Happier
ISO 9001: Quality Management Systems is primarily concerned with customer satisfaction. Every customer will have a different definition of quality. Many companies are working in concert with customers, providing what they believe is important and valuable to their target markets. They lose business and receive complaints when the requirements of the customers are not what they expected.
Customer focus is a way to add value to customers and increase their loyalty and satisfaction. You can get repeat business for less than you would with new business. So it’s worth maintaining good relationships with your customers.
You need assistance in implementing ISO Standards in your business. Best Practice Biz can help with any ISO-related issues in your business. We provide many ISO-related services such as ISO training, ISO consulting, and ISO Certification. To learn more about our services, please contact us!