It was not long before when COVID-19 stormed in and disrupted life on almost every aspect. Commercial building was a much promising sector that time. But the pandemic destroyed that potential almost in no time. But obviously the assurance is strongly in place. Once life rolls back to normal, commercial buildings – including airports, office complexes, seaports and luxury condominiums – will be more in demand than before. Meanwhile here is a word of advice for commercial builders and commercial building contractors. There is no better option than choosing the right commercial electrician Penola to ensure the successful completion of your projects.
Top grade commercial work obviously demands first-hand experience working in vast and sprawling environment. In addition to that one needs the necessary skills and expertise and professional mindset. In other words these mean as a contractor the choice that you make will invariably have a massive impact in your construction project. When it is time for you to choose the right commercial electrician, the tips below will help making your task easier.
Tips to choose the right commercial electrician
- Set the buzz in your network to forward you recommendations – in construction industry it is pretty common to know loads of professionals from variety of trades. You should request those friends and acquaintances to refer you names of reliable electricians who work in commercial building projects. If required you may also have to clarify the scope of your project so that they can zero in upon the right persons. As a preliminary enquiry ask for an honest opinion about the quality of their finished work. This strategy will help you filter and shortlist candidates at the most basic level, assure commercial electrical contractors in London. On the other hand electrical and hardware supply stores often maintain a list of qualified commercial electricians around the locality.
- Verify the license and Insurance policy of every candidate – there are certainly several hundreds or thousands of electricians living in and around London. The question is what sets them apart? As a contractor you may select the lowest bidder or may choose the candidate who lives next to Uncle Sam. As far as job quality is concerned, choosing the lowest bid or the one that is readily available rarely proves to be satisfactory. As a matter of fact, ‘fly by night’ electrical contractors are a big problem in commercial building projects particularly when there are volumes of work in hand. You have to protect your project as well as your investment and thus you should check thoroughly that your shortlisted candidates possess the proper licensure and insurance coverage. There are dedicated websites to make your task easier. A little research online will reveal how an electrical contractor is perceived in the community and how sound is his credibility. When insurance is concerned, according to law a licensed electrician must possess a workers’ compensation and liability insurance to cover up for accidents and injuries at a project site. When you hire an electrical contractor who carries only the minimum insurance coverage – it is definitely a risky choice. But then it is your call to ask for a copy of their insurance certificate. Any reputable electrical contractor will happily oblige to your request.
- Consider the experience as well as the credentials of shortlisted candidates – while interviewing a shortlisted candidate for your commercial building project, you must assess their experience and capabilities. This is important because it is assumed that you do not want your project to be a commercial electrician’s first landing on a ‘commercial building job’. That is too big a risk to undertake. In order to protect your investment it is vital to make sure your electricians are skilled and qualified to possess the necessary expertise to deliver your project to success. It is equally important to be attentive to the terms of their work. When an electrical services provider asks you to purchase the raw materials or requests for a lump sum down payment in advance, chances are high the company is not financially sound.
- Go through online reviews and cross check references – many people are of the opinion that in this digital world checking on references is wastage of time. Unfortunately their concept is wrong and you should not tread along that path. Peer reviews are just as important in the present times as ever when it comes to hiring the right tradesmen for any construction project. Reviews are the reliable tool that helps people make the right buying decisions. And the construction industry and building projects are no exception to it. Therefore you must invest sufficient time and effort to read the reviews of your shortlisted commercial electrical contractors before making the hiring. Then try to find out the type of commercial electrical projects each of the candidates have handled. Once you have done the homework, ask them for references. On the flip side this overall approach may prove to be little time consuming. But you can rest assured this will not let you down in the long run. As a recap, do search for online portfolios, customer reviews and other relevant information to make an informed decision about choosing the right electricians for commercial building projects.
- A commercial electrician’s specific experience reveals a lot – while hiring a commercial electrician you should remember that the project estimate is just one of the aspects of your decision. It is never wise to hire a particular tradesman or electrical services provider only save a little money. Such a decision may cost you dearly in the long run, warn experts running commercial electrical services in London. Always select an electrician with core expertise and sound experience on working in commercial construction projects.
Electric Works London is a widely trusted electrical company in London with in depth experience handling commercial construction projects. We have master electricians with years of industrial exposure on our payroll. If you are planning a commercial building project anywhere in London or the neighbouring areas, give us a call to discuss how we can help.