Pakistan now has a housing need of 11-12 million units. To meet the rising demand for residential units in Pakistan, the government has initiated an excellent project to give cheap housing to the public. The government has responded by launching the Naya Pakistan Housing Project. In this regard, the construction of housing has begun in all provinces of Pakistan such as Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan, Gilgit Baltistan, and Azad Kashmir.
Housing Policy of the Government
Respective governments in Pakistan have mostly ignored the housing sector. If it caught the eye of the elected leaders at all, it never progressed beyond simple political rhetoric. Even though some job was completed at the political level, it never progressed beyond some wishful thinking and talks and was never even put on the drawing board. The anticipated number of urban housing shortages is roughly 4 million. Pakistan’s urban population accounts for one-third of the overall population and is anticipated to reach 50percent by 2050. Most of the urban housing shortage is concentrated in the poor and lower-middle-income groups of the population. You may also like to learn about the Lahore Smart City.
On the supply side, the residential developer business has been active in delivering apartments to the middle and upper-middle classes. People living at the Bottom-of-the-Pyramid (BoP), which is believed to be 20percent of the population, mostly reside in unlawful habitats, squatter colonies, and townships (Katchi Abadis). Housing supply for poor and lower-income brackets is often referred to as the Social Housing Segment, whilst housing markets for upper-middle and high-income groups are referred to as the Market Housing Segment.
The vision of the project named Kingdom Valley the Naya Pakistan Residential Complex is to alleviate Pakistan’s housing needs. To that end, the authorities will ensure that all of the elements required to make affordable homes a reality in Pakistan are made available.
Advantages of the Naya Pakistan Housing Program
Among the many advantages of NPHS are:
- The less fortunate members of the community or society will be able to own physical assets of only their own. Aside from providing them with somewhere to live, the property will also serve as a good long-term investment opportunity.
- It will provide folks who have hitherto lived in uncertainty with a feel of home security. They will now have a space to call their own.
- This housing plan, in contrast to typical housing societies, is highly inexpensive, and the weaker or lower strata of society may easily purchase the dwelling.
- This housing concept would also foster a sense of independence in the community.
- It is a highly safe investment, with no risk of fraud or scam. The active engagement of the government ensures a high degree of security.
Eligibility Criteria for the Naya Pakistan Housing Program
- Applicants must be inhabitants of the province in question. Priority will be given to residents in the affected district.
- There is no registration of a house or land in the applicant’s name.
- Applicant must dwell in the house and is not allowed to sell it for a period of five years.
- Applicants may apply through the government quota allocated for government/police/army employees (damaged or murdered in the line of duty) or the disabled quota reserved for the public.
Services Provided by the Naya Pakistan Housing Program
The following are the primary amenities provided by the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme:
- Security System for Water and Electricity
- Educational establishments
- Fiber Optic Internet in a Commercial Area Community Center
Punjab Naya Pakistan Housing Project
The Naya Pakistan Housing Projects will be available in all of Pakistan’s major cities. The Naya Pakistan Residential Project is now available in three locations of Punjab province.
- Bakkar with 3 & 5 Marla Houses
- Quaidabad with 3 & 5 Marla houses
- Layyah with 3 Marla Houses
In the KPK land identification process of the Naya Pakistan, Housing Scheme launching has been initiated along with the process of Acquisition.
In Sindh Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme is under process
In Baluchistan and Gilgit Baltistan, the scheme is yet to establish.
The Federal Territory
FEGHF has created a housing project for government employees in Islamabad. In accordance with the Prime Minister’s decision, the Federal Government Employees Residential Foundation launched an EOI from private parties on 12-10-2018 under the JV Policy duly approved by the Federal Government to provide housing facilities to approximately 1 million-plus Federal State Employees already registered with FGEHF. So, those are some of the most crucial details of the Naya Pakistan Housing Program. Without a doubt, this initiative will assist the poor and worthy segments of society in obtaining a place to call home. It would not only offer them permanent housing, but it will also help them financially. Learn about investing possibilities in Pakistan in 2020.
Muhammad Junaid is the CEO of VM Solutions, senior Analyst, and Search Engine Expert. Extensive experience being an IT Manager in NextGen Marketing – Nova City Islamabad. Work for years with local and international enterprises. Also, represent well-known brands in the UAE.