Air filters get clogged with debris quickly, mostly in the cooling season when air conditioners are functioning the whole time. Not being able to change your filter means you’ll have to deal with a repair, more energy bills, and a lesser life span from the AC. Replacing your AC filter is among the simplest methods to assure favorable system performance year after year. Fortunately swapping out your AC filter is an easy job. So here is a full guide on how to replace your HVAC Air filters by yourself.
A Simple Step-by-Step Guide
In several houses, the air filter is closer to the thermostat. So, the foremost step is to find the filter. Reach your thermostat, and find a vent. If you can’t look for a return vent with the filter nearby, check the AC unit. Here are the following steps to perform once you’ve found the filter.
- Unfasten the fasteners supporting the front of the grille to the vent, and carefully remove the cover. Keep it aside. The air filter must be behind the cover.
- Go to it in and draw it out carefully.
- Put the filter to the side, and evaluate its condition. A dirty filter will generally be a dingy, greyish-brown color if it’s past its prime. If it still appears whitish, it might have some life left.
- If the filter seems dirty, get another new air filter.
- Understand the arrow pattern on the filter’s edge. The arrow directions are essential to make sure proper airflow. The arrows must not point out or at you. If they seem the same, airflow will be prevented.
- Once you understand the arrows, set them so that they face the wall.
- Set the air filter again into the return duct opening, carefully easing the filter’s bottom portion first and then in the top.
- Check again that the arrows should be pointing toward the duct.
- Give a gentle pat on the filter to assure it sets snugly into the opening.
- Set the cover back on.
- Close and tighten all the fasteners.
Changing a clogged or dirty filter can assist your home to become more comfortable because the air flows freely through your system.
How often do you need to replace the Air Filter?
For several residents, it’s useful to replace the filter every 3 months or so. You must change it more often if you have pets that shed a lot, your home is near to a lot of traffic, you’re renovating or remodeling your house, your family member suffers from allergies, or your home gets dusty a lot.
It’s also not a bad idea to get your filter check every month and replace it out when it seems dirty and when the summer season comes, and you run your AC more often. Contact an HVAC expert from Rooter Hero for several services of AC Repair in West Sacramento. They also offer 24-Hour emergency services of AC Repair in West Sacramento at competitive prices.