Gold is a valuable metal that has been used as both currency and value storage throughout history. In this regard, gold is regarded as both a commodity and an investment. Gold has a unique position in Indian households as it is a relatively safer investment, particularly during economic turmoil. In Pondicherry, gold is largely purchased as a relatively safe investment and traditionally invested in coins, bars, and jewellery.
Gold rate today Pondicherry
The gold rate today Pondicherry for 24 carat gold per gram is ₹ 4801 and for 22 carat gold per gram is ₹ 4488. A regular increase of 0.08% per day in the gold prices in Pondicherry is a good sign for investors.
Where to buy gold in Pondicherry?
There are many locations in Pondicherry to buy gold. When purchasing gold in Pondicherry, it is strongly advised to go to a certified and reputable jeweller who sells hallmark gold. GRT Jewellers, Kalyan Jewellers, and Lalitha Jewellery Mart are some of the oldest and most reputable jewellers in Pondicherry for purchasing certified and hallmark gold. In Pondicherry, you can buy gold from banks like SBI, India post-Bank, etc.
How can you buy gold in Pondicherry?
You can buy gold in many forms in Pondicherry. You can buy it as jewellery or as other items. When buying gold in Pondicherry solely for investment purposes, you should avoid buying gold as jewellery because it can only be made from 22-carat gold, and there are high charges for it. Moreover, when you sell gold jewellery, jewellers will deduct the making charges from it, which can create a loss if you buy gold as an investment. If you buy gold in Pondicherry for investment purposes, you can buy it as gold coins and bars, or you can also invest in gold via gold bonds.
Important criteria while buying gold in Pondicherry
When you are buying gold, you should always check the following criteria
- Check the gold price per gram – Knowing the gold price per gramme ensures you do not spend more than the true price. However, confirm the price using an authorised and trustworthy source.
- Hallmark and certifications – The most crucial part in determining the gold quality and purity is ensuring gold certification.
- Check the buy-back terms – Check whether the vendor will receive the gold at the same price or if there will be any cost-cutting.
- Collect the bill – Most crucial, after purchasing gold, do not forget to collect a bill.
How to get a gold loan in Pondicherry?
There are many banks in Pondicherry that provide loans against gold jewellery and gold items. To get a gold loan in Pondicherry, you can go to SBI, Muthoot Finance, ICICI bank, Axis bank, etc.
Here in this article, all the info about gold prices is provided. You can get all the information from the gold rate today to all other things necessary when buying gold in Pondicherry.
1. What are the factors affecting gold prices in Pondicherry?
Ans: Various factors affect gold prices in Pondicherry. Some of them are as follows –
- State and Central taxes
- Variation of rupee-dollar price
- Demand and supply of gold across various cities
2. Where to sell gold today in Pondicherry?
Ans: There are many locations in Pondicherry to sell gold today in Pondicherry. To sell gold in Pondicherry, you can go to some of the oldest and most reputable jewellers in Pondicherry, like GRT Jewellers, Kalyan Jewellers, Lalitha Jewellery Mart, etc.
3. What is the gold rate today Pondicherry?
Ans: The gold rate today Pondicherry for 24 carat gold per 10 gram is ₹ 48010 and for 22 carat gold per 10 gram is ₹ 44880.