Struggling between your inner self and ego-self? Don’t know what you can do to awaken your higher self? It’s time to get rid of the stress because you’re on the right track.
The Vipassana meditation technique is an ancient technique that can help you grow. Self-love, self-care and self-growth will become your prominent parts after vipassana.
You can easily awaken your higher self with vipassana meditation. For that, you need to understand exactly what it is. Read on to know more!
What is vipassana meditation?
Vipassana meditation is an ancient Indian technique. It means to see things as they really are without any impurities. It originated in India, more than 2500 years ago. Vipassana technique was a universal remedy for universal ills at that time.
The technique of vipassana can be learned with residential courses. Participants can learn the methods and experience the results as well. There are no charges for these courses. Plus, you don’t even have to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are borne by the donations.
Vipassana meditation course is available in various meditation centers and non-center locations. Every location has its own schedule of teachings. In most cases, the application for the courses is available online. There are many vipassana centers all around the globe. Latin America, India, North America, Africa are a few countries to name. You can find an alphabetical list of worldwide locations online.
It’s a delight to share that vipassana meditation is also taught in prisons. A 10-day course is also held for the government officials and business executives.
How to do vipassana meditation?
Vipassana mediation is a practice of deep focus on your mind. It’s one of the best mindful practices that you’ll come across.
Insight meditation is another name for vipassana meditation. You can practice it by self-observation. It means focussing on your inner self without any judgements. Like other meditation practices, vipassana is good for the mind, body and soul.
In vipassana meditation, you must focus on your inner self.
- Train your mind and body for something specific.
- Quieten your mind.
- Focus on the present.
- Reduce regrets by focussing less on the past. Accept emotions, thoughts, and sensations. Worry less about the past and the future. Respond to situations based on reality.
- Let go of the preconceived notions.
Let’s Practice Vipassana Meditation Together
- Sit quietly for 10-15 minutes. It’s one thing that you must do early in the morning.
- Go to a silent area with no distractions. An empty room is the best choice.
- Sit on the ground. Cross your legs.
- Engage your core. Relax your body. Straighten your back.
- Close your eyes and breathe normally.
- Focus on your natural breath.
- Be mindful of your breathing. Inhale and exhale slowly. Relax.
- If you feel distractions, return to your breath.
- Try to do this for 5-10 minutes initially. Increase it to 15 minutes slowly.
Isn’t it easy to do? Would you practice vipassana meditation daily? If you still have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!