If you are suffering from dizziness in the morning, it can be hard to make sense of what’s happening. Dizziness in the morning is not normal, but for some people, causes are easily identifiable. It can be caused by a variety of different health issues. The dizziness may come with other symptoms such as nausea, fainting spells, or spinning inside your head. Treatment is different depending on which cause has been identified. Although there are a number of causes for this type of dizziness, the dizziness is not permanent.
The following article explains why you get dizzy in the morning and how it can be treated.
- When you wake up from your sleep, your body goes through a series of changes in preparation for the day ahead: blood pressure rises, heart rate increases, breathing rate becomes deeper and muscles relax to provide a good night’s sleep.
- The brain is the main organ that needs to be awake to carry out this process, so any problem here may cause your dizziness in the morning. Anything that alters brain function can cause problems, including certain drugs and alcohol but also illnesses such as Munchausen syndrome and whiplash.
- If you’re a teenager, these changes in the body may not be as well controlled by hormone or age-related changes. So if you’re a teenager, beware of any change in brain function that doesn’t occur in the rest of the population.
- If you have recently exercised, the sudden rise in blood pressure can cause dizziness in the morning. If you’ve recently increased your consumption of caffeine and alcohol, this may also cause temporary vertigo.
The following natural remedies can help with these types of dizziness:
Honey is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, and so it can relieve a sore throat from coughing or a runny nose. It will also help break up mucus in the respiratory tract, easing your morning woes.
This root is well-known for its medicinal properties, but in 2013 it was shown to protect nerve cells against damage caused by alcohol. So if you drink too much, turmeric may help you feel better.
This spice is a natural pain reliever and will ease your morning nausea. It also has a warm and strong taste, so it can make you feel better.
Cayenne has the same properties as ginger, but it contains another substance called capsaicin that improves circulation and eases your head pains. Cayenne can also help when you have a cold or an upset stomach.
What Symptoms of dizziness in the morning :
Dizziness in the morning is a symptom, not a disease.
- Sudden dizziness when you wake up
- Light-headedness after eating
- Visual problems, such as double vision or blurred vision
- Loss of sensory functions; being unable to feel parts of your body or feeling everything in your body with extreme sensitivity
- Dizziness in the morning is not normal and usually indicates a problem somewhere in your body as it relates to blood pressure or fluid balance. The most common causes are listed above. But it can also be caused by low blood sugar and is usually easily treated, so don’t ignore the dizziness if it persists for long, you need to get checked out.
- If your dizziness in the morning is accompanied by another symptom such as light-headedness or fainting, seek immediate medical attention because this may be a sign of more serious health conditions such as diabetes or heart problems.
- When you have dizziness in the morning, it’s important to see your doctor to rule out any other problems and find a solution.
- If you don’t have another cause and your dizziness goes away after a few hours, then it can be normal, but if it gets worse, then get checked out by your doctor.
- You should also consult with your doctor if you experience slight or sudden changes in vision. These may be signs of a retina problem. If you experience dizziness that lasts for longer than three days, or if you have any problems with your vision, get checked out.
- Another common cause of dizziness in the morning is a fluid imbalance in the body, particularly if the fluid has been lost through heavy sweating. This is a very common cause for people who perspire a lot during exercise; though if you’re not exercising, this would likely be caused by another underlying medical disorder like diabetes.
What Causes of dizziness in the morning and treatment:
- Gradually change the way you take your medications. Get off caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs one by one.
- Stop taking unnecessary drugs such as sleeping pills, aspirin, or ibuprofen to see if they’re the cause of your dizziness in the morning.
- If you exercise regularly, try taking small sips of water during the workout to avoid dehydration and fluid loss, which may be causing your dizziness.
- Sudden dizziness when you wake up may be reduced by showering immediately upon waking.
- Try to eat breakfast regularly and avoid skipping meals.
- If you feel dizzy after eating, try not to get up too quickly from the table or bed because this can make you feel very dizzy, particularly if there is something wrong with your blood pressure or fluid balance.
- Don’t sleep for too long at a time; this may cause fluid loss in your brain and make you dizzy in the morning.
- Investigate whether you’re having a bad reaction to something you ate, especially if you wake up feeling sick to your stomach and dizzy after eating.
- Check the salt content in what you eat, because salt can make your blood pressure drop more than normal and cause dizziness and fainting.
- If none of these suggestions work: seek medical consideration immediately because there could be serious health conditions such as heart problems or an internal injury likes a head injury that requires emergency treatment.
- If you experience dizziness that lasts for longer than three days, seek medical attention because this may be a sign of another underlying health problem, such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
If you experience dizziness in the morning, tell your doctor immediately. This could be a symptom of a medical condition. If no medical conditions are identified, it can simply be another symptom of another condition. If you feel that this is not the case, get checked out by your doctor to rule out other health problems.
So if you’re feeling dizzy in the morning, don’t ignore it and go on sleep or drive until you’re better; call your doctor and get checked out.